About the Abbotsford Photo Arts Club
Formed in 1975, the Abbotsford Photo Arts Club grew from the desire of a handful of people to continue to share their experiences and improve their photography. Besides fulfilling a social function, the club’s main objective has always been to help amateur photographers to develop and improve their proficiency. Many people find that a photography club fills a gap between the knowledge they acquire from a course in basic photography and the experience they need to operate independently as fulfilled amateur photographers.
Aims of APAC
The aims of the Abbotsford Photo Arts Club are:
- to foster and promote interest in the art of photography.
- to sponsor competitions and/or exhibitions of photographic images.
- to promote and aid the growth and development of its members in the field of photography.
- to keep members informed about club activities as well as other photographic related subjects.
Community activities have included:
- Annual APAC Photographic Seminar.
- Participation in Abbotsford July 1st Celebration
- BC Summer Games and Farmers Market.
- Exhibition of prints for public viewing at various community locations.
- Support and organization of the local Agri-Fair photography exhibit and competition.
- Annual Roy Craven Bursary for high school graduates.
- Abbotsford Wine & Art Walk.
- Online Exhibition presented by Mission Arts Council.
- Tanglebank Gardens Exhibitions.
- Pacific Zone CAPA competitions.
- Crescent Beach Competition.
- North Shore Challenge Competition.
- The Reach Gallery Museum Exhibitions.
- Kariton Art Gallery Exhibitions.
- The Rock Gallery Exhibitions (operated by the Mission Arts Council).
- The Art Room Exhibitions (operated by the Chilliwack Arts Council).
APAC is affiliated and a member of these other organizations: